Ultra TV is an international digital satellite channel that airs women's entertainment, movies, news, and adult entertainment. It was launched on September 22, 1997.
When the channel's ratings suddenly declined in late-2000, Ultra TV commisioned Troika Design Group to do the logo and the idents to recover its ratings that were lost in 2000. That was deemed very effective. Ultra TV debuted its new look on May 4, 2001. The first idents where done by Novocom. The 2002 idents were designed by Lambie-Nairn and debuted on September 2, 2002. From December 2003-March 2004, many people in the world submitted designs for the idents, with the alternative logo. These submitted idents were animated by Lambie-Nairn and aired from April 2, 2004 until September 26, 2004.
On September 26, 2004, Ultra TV received another overhaul, which inverted the colours, added a circle, and used Gotham font. This logo was designed by Razorfish and the idents were designed by Brand New School. In the last weeks of March 2004, Brand New School came up with the beautiful concept of having one of the subjects draw the Ultra logo in the air.
Initially the plan was to create a years worth of 1000 ID's in batches [ about so many idents at a time]. The overall brief - handed for the first time to external ad agency Omnicom Group, was to embrace and inclusively show multicultural makeup in the countries that Ultra TV serves, and identify that people show values, supports, confidence, and greatness for Ultra TV. Additionally the brief was to imbue the series with a contemporary worldwide identity.
Ken Francis created music for most of the series, with an agenda to create unusual and captivating musical "foils" rather than literal & typical "TV Ident" soundtracks, and curated a small amount of licensed music when only that would do. Hot Chocolate's "Heaven's in the Back Seat" for example, underscored one ident. Ken decided to reinvent the classic four-note Ultra TV jingle in all manner of sounds to bring a home-made humour and voice to complete the "branding".
Ken on the project: "The visual idea just blew me away, even in the trial shoot. It was so great being able to watch people in the lives then draw the Ultra logo in their own styles and it was perfect for the network. The team were busting to try awesome ways to capture real people in all their captivating humanness... and so I just painted with musical and sound stuff that spoke to the human on the screen - some sort of lateral backstory preferable - and with fun or dignity. preferably both. I LOVED trying to find things that just lifted you out of the ordinary view..."
For the award winning first part of the series, a Brand New School employee brought her spectacularly beautiful slo-mo sepia magic to these award-winning vignettes.
This logo debuted on March 1, 2006, when Ultra TV had minor changes to the logo by adding a bevel, designed by the same company. Also, on that day, a new cyborg mascot (called in same name) was launched.
2007-2009 (Indonesia, TeVee)
From Janaury 1st, 2007, Ultra TV Indonesia rebranded as TeVee due to accquire of MNC and rebrand of the network. The entertainment channel, TeVee Entertainment was launched in April 3, 2007. The brand "TeVee" was used until 2011.
A simpler logo, based on the channel's on-screen bug, was launched on April 6, 2009. The bug's wordmark was changed from just 'ultra' to 'ultratv.tv', Ultra TV's website url since 1997. This logo was designed by Red Bee Media. TeVee was reverted back to Ultra TV Indonesia in June 1, 2009 and they used the logo.
A completely new logo, which resembles a smartphone app (like Disney Channel's), was designed by Moira and debuted on May 1, 2012. It was done to refresh the channel's image for the youth and the masses. However, the on-screen bug was still used in tandem with the 2012 logo.
2013-present (Most countries)
On September 1, 2013, Ultra TV introduced the new logo, which was designed by Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, However, the cyborg mascot was dropped, the on-screen bug was updated accordingly, and the slogan is still used until November 2013.
2014- (tentative; USA and Philippines only)
In October 12, 2013, it was announced that a leaked logo would be inaugurated in March 23, 2014, to be used only in selected NTSC regions, namely: United States of America, and the Philippines. They thought that the logo resembled a smiley face more than the current logo. The USA version will use the slogan "so:ultra", while Ultra TV Philippines will broadcast Filipino-language programming, aside from English programming. The Philippines slogan will be "Type ko Wonderful!!!" Selected adult programming will be removed in Wonderful Philippines. Font used in the logo will be Museo. Idents will show CGI "rose petals" (actually animated 3D discs) and will be designed by beeld.motion.
2014- (tentative, France only)
2014- (tentative, UK and Ireland only)
2014- (tentative, Italy only)
2014- (tentative, Poland only)
- 1995-1996: Dynamic Television (unused)
- 1996: We Dare to Be Different (unused)
- 1996-1997: The Next Generation of Television (unused)
- March-May 1997: Television With A Different Purpose (unused)
- May-June 1997: We're different from any TV network (unused)
- June-Sept. 1997 (final): See a new dimension in television (proposed)
- Sept. 1997-1999: Something new on television!
- 1999-2000: A Different Channel
- 1999-2000 (Italy): Un Canale Diverso
- 1999-2000 (Germany): Einen anderen Kanal
- 1999-2000 (Poland): Inny Kanał
- 2000: Make it better.
- 2000 (Italy): Renderlo migliore.
- 2000 (Germany): Machen Sie es besser.
- 2000 (Poland): Uczyń go Lepiej
- 2001-2002: Ultra TV. Now made even better!
- 2001-2002 (Italy): Ultra TV. Ora reso ancora meglio!
- 2001-2002 (Germany): Ultra TV. Jetzt noch besser gemacht!
- 2001-2002 (Poland): Ultra TV. Teraz jeszcze lepszy!
- 2002-2004: tv.personalised
- 2002-2004 (Italy): tv.personalizzata
- 2002-2004 (Germany): tv.personalisierte
- 2002-2004 (Poland): spersonalizowana.tv
- 2004-2006: New Face, New Attitude. (taken from IBC's slogan used from 2002 until 2003).
- March-December 2006: The channel for the youth and the young-at-heart. (Used to promote the new mascot, Ultra, which is a cyborg).
- 2007-2009: Feel young forever
- 2007-2009 (Italy): Sentire giovane per sempre.
- 2007-2009 (Germany): Fühlen für immer jung
- 2007-2009 (Poland): Poczuj się młodym na zawsze"
- 2008-2009 (secondary): make.it.personalised (Placeholder slogan, which is a combination of the 2000 and 2002 slogans).
- 2009-2012: Get connected.
- 2009-2012 (Italy): Prendi connesso.
- 2009-2012 (Germany): Holen verbunden.
- 2009-2012 (Poland): Połącz się."
- January-September 2012: Let's click!
- January-September 2012 (Italy): Facciamo clic!
- January-September 2012 (Germany): Lasst klicken!
- January-September 2012 (Poland): Niech kliknijmy!
- May 2012-April 2014 (Italy, 1997-1999 unused): TV sembra buono.
- September 1-2, 2012: Click@u(used to promote the 2012 logo)
- September 2-28, 2012: We're clicking with the world.
- September 2012-November 2013: We're clicking with you.
- September 2012-March 2014: (Poland): Wciąż Pierwszy!
- March 2013-September 2013: tv.sembra.buono (used combination of May 2012 slogan "TV sembra buono." and 2002-2004 slogan "tv.personalized")
- September-November 2013: What does Ultra say? (To promote the new logo) (resmable the Ylvis's "What does the fox say?")
- November 2013-present: Ultrastic. (the portmanteau that mixing the word "Ultra" and "Fantastic", the May 2012 Italian slogan "TV sembra buono." is remained)
- March 2014-(tentative, USA): so:ultra
- March 2014-(tentative, Philippines): Type ko ultra! (The Philippine version will start Filipino programming, along with English programming.)
- March 2014-(Poland): tylko:ultra
- April 2014-(Italy): Mi piace e Condividi TV
|V • T • E Ultra Limited|
| TV Channels|