FANDOM


Libum Black (formerly Game Agent) is a work-for-hire game development services company currently headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. It is owned by Libum Games.

Game Agent

1984-2019

Game Agent 1983

History

In 1984, Movie Agent founded Game Agent to develop video games based on Movie Agent's intellectual properties. In June 2016, Laserium Holdings acquired The Media Agency and Game Agent became part of Laserium Game Studios.

In September, when Laserium Holdings acquired all Crystal Games studios, Game Agent integrated a bunch of studios under it's name. Afterwards, Game Agent announced to start hiring people in offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and that they are doing a large re-construction:

  • The next day, the employees of offices in Alameda, Chipping Sodbury, Seattle, Irvine, Chapel Hill, Gainesville, San Diego, Needham, Dalls, Las Vegas, Charlottesville, Darien, Eugene, New England, Orlando and Camarillo moved into the Los Angeles office.
  • The next day, the offices at Issy-des-Moulineaux, Valencia, Warsaw, Lisbon, Lyon, Hannover, Kharkov, Bydgoszcz, Budapest, Vienna, Heusenstamm, Prague, Brisbane, Johannesburg, Casablanca, Sofia, Bucharest, Kiev, Zurich, Auckland, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Milan, Kuala Lumpur, Cluj, Dusseldorf, Bangkok, Szczecin, Valletta, Copenhagen, Melbourne, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Da Nang, Hanoi, Noida, Pune, New Delhi, Wellington, Warrington, Guildford, Chertsey, Nottingham, Camden, Birmingham, Newcastle, East Linton, Plymouth, Taunton, Oxford, Bristol, Cheltenham and Sheffield merged into the two Game Agent EMEA offices in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Tokyo, Japan.
  • And the offices at Medellin, Bogota, Mexicali, Venezuela and Buenos Aires merged into the Sao Paulo offices.

On October 1, 2016, Game Agent closed it's Dubai office, since running a game studio in Dubai was so expensive it ran the studio to bankruptcy even before Game Agent acquired the company. The management of Game Agent came to this decision because the Dubai game development office was in big debt.

On November 2016, Game Agent acquired the Laserium Lucky Studios offices at China and New Zealand and merged them to Game Agent EMEA Tokyo.

On December 21, 2016, Game Agent closed it's Sao Paulo and Abu Dhabi offices and moved its employees to Los Angeles offices. The next day, Game Agent EMEA Tokyo was re-named to Game Agent Casual Team (GAC Team) and the 80% of the employees at Game Agent EMEA (Amsterdam) were moved under Laserium Game Studios Amsterdam, while the other 20% were moved to the Los Angeles office and GAC Team, thus closing down the Amsterdam office.

The Los Angeles office and subsidiary GAC Team in Tokyo were soon acquired by Singularity Games Redwood City.

Libum Black

2019-present

Libum Black
Game Agent was rebranded as Libum Black in September 2019, shifting focus from game development to work-for-hire services.


VTE Qualis Holdings
Qualis 2019

Qualis Holdings Inc.


Laserium Networks: Jetix (Jetix International (The N | Luckykids) | Jetix Max block | Jetix Studios | New brand1) | FMC (FamilySounds) | The Six Network (Six Productions) | Qualis Entertainment | LSN/RDTV and Screen2 (RDTV logo variations | RDTV News)
Laserium Sega Experiences: Libum Electronics (Libum Q7 | Libum Games (Libum Black | Singularity Games)) | Laserium.com | Laserium Park Los Angeles | Salovaara & Kukkonen Group | Qualis Music Group (List of labels)
Other holdings: Quest Media (30%)

Acquisitions pending: Bonduego Films

Notes:
1 The adult animation/comedy-focused brand will be born from merger between the Toonvision and Nostalgic channels, and run under the Jetix International umbrella.
2 International channels under the Screen brand are owned by Quest Media under license from Laserium Networks, while the streaming service is owned by Zoop Digital Entertainment.


Affiliated companies:
Legacy Pictures | Ultra Limited | Quest. | Nimbus Electronics

Shareholders and controllers: Ootwar
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.