It was founded as a part of International Distribution Entertainment in 1993 by a consortium of film distributors and other companies. Unlike it's rival Cinema International Corporation/United International Pictures, it maintained movie theaters as an additional business. Since it cost so much to maintain the theaters, IDE Theaters company was closed in 2010 by IDE Productions, as it started to focus more on film production.
List of cinema brands
- Cineplus - spun off in 2010, acquired by UCI Cinemas.
- China Pacific Cineplex - spun off in 2010, acquired by Toho Cinemas.
United El Kadsre Nations
- Hendring Cinemas - formerly a joint venture with Hendring Limited
ex-Soviet Union countries
- Saturn Zinemak - spun off in 2010, acquired by Laserium Holdings in 2016
- Storm Cinemas - spun off in 2010, acquired by Vue International in 2015, then rebranded as Vue Greece. Spun off again in 2017 and reverted its name back to Storm Cinemas.
- Dai Chi Cinemas - spun off in 2010, acquired by Wanda Cinemas in 2016.
- Crown Cinemas - spun off in 2010, now independent.
- Cinema Agent - formerly a joint venture with Movie Agent, soon they bought the rest of the cinema chain
- Saturn Zinemak - spun off in 2010, acquired by Laserium Holdings in 2016.